Give the Gift of Homemade Goodies (made with essential oils & love!)
‘Tis the season of giving!
If you love to get creative with your holiday gifts, then you’re in luck. I’ve found 4 DIY gifts that are made using essential oils. And the best part…they’re all natural, non-toxic products. Trust me, your friends and family will love these. And feel free to get creative with the packaging to make it extra-special.
So channel your inner Martha Stewart and let’s get started
Holiday Joy Room Spray
- 8 oz. distilled water
- 2 oz. witch hazel
- 20 drops frankincense
- 15 drops orange
- 15 drops peppermint
Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle.
Fizzing Bath Bomb
- 1 cup citric acid (found on Amazon here or at most major supermarkets in the canning section)
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 8–10 drops favorite essential oil
- In bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and oil.
- Add eight to 10 drops of the essential oil or blend of choice.
- Mix well with spoon until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand.
Note: If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until consistency is correct.
- At this point, you may add food coloring, dried herbs, or flower petals to mixture.
- Place mixture in silicone molds. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mold.
- To use, drop in tub or shower and allow to dissolve.
Chocolate Peppermint Lip Balm
From the Homemade Mommy
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp (0.5 oz if you have a kitchen scale) cocoa butter
- 1 Tbsp sweet almond oil
- 2 Tbsp beeswax
- 1/4 tsp peppermint essential oil
Now to make these you will need to purchase lip balm containers, but you can order them here at Amazon.
- Melt the cocoa butter, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and beeswax in a double boiler (you can also use a glass bowl on top of a pot of simmering water).
- When melted, remove from heat and stir in the peppermint essential oil.
- Do this part quickly before the oil sets – pour into the tubes.
- Allow the lip balm to set and then cap the containers.
From Primarily Inspired
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- Melt the coconut oil and beeswax in a double boiler.
- Once melted, add the lavender oil and remove from heat. Let cool.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cooled lotion.
And if you’re looking for essential oils that are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade, click here to get them at wholesale prices:
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.