Homemade Essential Oil Gift Ideas
Last year I shared four DIY essential oil gifts that I planned on giving as gifts to friends and family. And this year, I am back with four more ideas.
I love these gift ideas for a few reasons. One, because I absolutely love essential oils as plant-based medicine that works on the cellular level. Two, they smell great. Three, my daughter loves them as much as I do, so we have fun making them together.
And four, it helps me avoid the mall!
Here are my four recommendations for DIY essential oil gifts:
Healthy Holiday Air Freshener
From Don’t Mess with Mama
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- 5-7 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 5-7 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 reusable spray bottle
- Fill glass spray bottle with water and witch hazel
- Add drops of essential oils
- Shake the bottle for a few seconds before each use
La La Lavender Bubble Bath
- 1 cup unscented Castile soap
- ½ cup vegetable glycerin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- Glass container
- Combine soap, glycerin, and water into glass bowl
- Add essential oil
- Stir well
- Pour into glass container
- To use, add ¼–½ cup of the essential oil bubble bath mixture to warm, running bath water
Detox Clay Mask
From Good Girl Gone Green
- 1 tbsp green clay (or any clay)
- 1 tsp maca root powder
- 1-2 drops frankincense oil
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar (add water to get your desired consistency to make a paste.)
- 2 drops vitamin E
- Mix all of the ingredients except the essential oil together into a smooth paste
- Add the 2 drops of frankincense oil
- Store in a non-metal container (the green clay pulls toxins from metals)
Groovy Grapefruit Exfoliating Scrub
From Grass Fed Girl
Directions: Mix it all together put into a small mason jar. Use in the shower to scrub skin on face or other body parts.
And if you love to make diffuser blends, don’t forget to check out the winter/holiday diffuser blends my daughter created.
Have you created any gifts using essential oils? I’d love for you to share in the comments!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.