Can a Detox of Your Lymphatic System Prevent Serious Illness?
Chronic illness is a complicated matter. When you’re not feeling well and doctors cannot pinpoint the exact culprit, it can be frustrating. The important thing is to try and understand how our body – and the systems in our body – work.
The lymphatic system is not one that is often spoken about, however it plays an essential role in your health.
What is the Lymphatic System?
The lymphatic system is basically the piping system of the body. It’s similar to the circulation system, except that it delivers lymph fluid to the body’s tissues. Organs such as the tonsils, adenoids, spleen and thymus are all important to the lymphatic system.
The main purpose of the lymphatic system is to help the immune system by transporting immune cells throughout the body. It also controls the absorption of fats and fat-soluble nutrients. A poorly functioning lymphatic system can lead to many health issues including these symptoms:
You may be familiar with swollen lymph nodes. That occurs when there is an infection present due to a build-up of lymph fluid (likely due to a foreign material in the lymph fluid). Other health conditions related to problems with the lymphatic system include, a weak immune system, an increase in cancer risk, and other chronic diseases.
Detoxing the Lymphatic System
It’s important for your lymphatic system to work correctly to protect your immune system and health. And it’s important to remember that a strong immune system can fight off all illnesses, including cancer.
Here are some ways to detox your lymphatic system:
- Decrease stress on your body and system:
- Exercise – many recommend using a rebounder because it can help the lymph circulation throughout the body. (Click here for my recommendation on Amazon).
- Breathing exercises
- Body massage
- Use essential oils (click here for my brand recommendation). Lemon is the best oil because lemon is an alkaline fruit, which helps mineralize lymph fluid. Myrrh, oregano, cypress and frankincense are also recommended. And I love using lavender essential oil to relieve stress.
- Drink essiac tea – it’s known to heal a weakened immune system.
- Eat an anti-inflammatory diet.
- Hydrate with lemon water.
- Use an infrared sauna (click here for my brand recommendation). Infrared saunas are used to increase sweat to reduce toxins. Also this helps improve circulation and heals tissues, which is good for the lymphatic system.
Looking to set you and your family up for better health? Click here or the image below to learn more about my Family Health Makeover program.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.