Relieve Your Stomach Issues Naturally
Intestinal discomfort is never pleasant. And while some flatulence is normal (despite any public embarrassment), excessive gas, pain, and bloating can be an annoyance.
Causes of Gas & Bloating
As much as most of us don’t like it, gas is a natural part of the digestive process. It’s often caused by swallowing too much air or eating certain types of foods. Gas must be passed either by burping or flatulence because the body cannot absorb all of the sugar, starch, proteins and fiber eaten. And when you suffer from conditions, such as IBS, SIBO, gluten intolerance, or other food sensitivities, gas can be worse. It’s important to know which foods affect you.
Bloating is when air or gas becomes stuck in the abdomen and it can feel swollen. The result can be visible and painful. Bloating can also happen when you’re constipated because the longer stool stays in your colon, the more time bacteria has to form.
Foods that can trigger gas and bloating:
- Artificial sweeteners
- Digestive enzymes – digestive enzymes speed up the breakdown of food molecules into their ‘building block’ components. I’m a fan of TerraZyme Enzymes because they contain a unique blend of active whole-food enzymes and mineral cofactors that are often deficient from cooked, processed, or preservative-laden foods. These ingredients aid digestion and support overall health of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Probiotics – probiotics create good “gut flora”, which creates normal gastrointestinal function. My favorite probiotic is PB Assist+. It’s a blend of both pre and probiotics and employs a unique double-layer capsule delivery system that provides both short-chain prebiotic fiber in that outer capsule and a time-release inner capsule with active probiotic cultures. The friendly strains of bacteria included in this product were carefully selected based on their demonstrated physiologic benefits to both the upper and lower intestines.
- Apple cider vinegar – to balance out your gut bacteria, mix 2 tablespoons of organic ACV with a cup of water before you eat.
- Physical activity – I always recommend rebounding to my clients. It’s a great way to relieve gas pains and naturally expel gas. It’s also great exercise and burns calories.
- Essential oils – my go-to essential oils for gas and bloating are:
- Peppermint – helps alleviate stomach upset
- Ginger – helps to reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion
- Cardamom – eases indigestion and maintain overall gastrointestinal health
- Lemongrass – combine with peppermint in a capsule to support healthy gastrointestinal function and maintain healthy digestion
- Fennel – promotes healthy digestion
- DigestZen – a wonderful companion to aid in the digestion of food, soothe occasional upset stomachs, and reduce uncomfortable gas and bloating
Digestive Support Protocol: dilute 1-2 drops of one of these oils with 1 tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil and massage over abdomen.
I also recommend taking 1-2 drops of DigestZen in a veggie capsule for a daily digestive aid. To get this digestive bundle and your wholesale membership, click here.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.