Paleo, Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Honey Lime Sesame Chicken Wings
Even if you’re disappointed that your team isn’t playing (Cowboy fan here, I know how you feel!), chances are you’re still going to watch the Super Bowl. Because…well, it’s the Super Bowl.
And some of us watch the game for the actual game, some of us for the commercials and some of us for the snacks. Now before you envision my husband and kids chomping on some celery sticks because I’m a health coach, remember that I am all about eating, just eating real food.
Here is a recipe from my Pinterest board for healthy chicken wings. These are Paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free! They originally appeared on My Natural Family, which is a great resource for clean eating recipes, so check them out.
- 3 lb chicken wings, small
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the chili flakes, garlic, honey, lime juice, sesame seeds, rice vinegar, and coconut aminos in a small pan. Bring to a boil and let simmer for a few minutes until thick. Do not let it become hard.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish. Place the wings in the dish in a single layer.
- Pour sauce over the wings, and use a basting brush to spread the sauce.
- Bake the wings on the top rack, turn the wings over after 40 minutes. Cook for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven after 1 hour. Move the wings around to thoroughly coat in sauce before serving.
See, it’s not hard to eat healthy. But if you need more help, consider joining one of my recipe programs:
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.